Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our Family's Newest Miracle

Well, our precious little nephew, Caiden Brent Lucas, was born on April 29th, weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz, and was 20 1/2 in. long. He and mom are both happy and healthy. I thought it would finally hit me when I got to see him and hold him, but it still feels so surreal to me that my sister and her husband have a baby. But I'm definitely more emotionally attached to him than any other baby I've ever been around. And this is a big deal because, as some of you know, my parents were "foster" parents to a set of twin baby girls for about a year. I loved those babies, but I definitely feel different about Caiden. I just wanted to hold him all the time! Of course, if my mom was around, she'd steal him from me though. He's so tiny yet it still amazes me that something that large was in my sister's stomach. Anyway, here's the much anticipated pictures...





Check out that mohawk!! He's so precious, and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. Thank you Lord for Caiden!

2 comments:

LB said...

oh the pictures are giving me a little bit of baby fever.

Amanda said...

They are so cute Lindsey. Thanks for sharing