Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Well, of course seeing my family is always wonderful, and this weekend I also got to see several old friends and celebrate a family friend's high school graduation. I felt so old! So many of these kids that graduated were so little last time I saw them. I guess I really am old because that sounds like something that old people say. But as I'm sure you can guess, the highlight of my weekend was this little guy.

He's so precious!!! I love holding him and feeding him. It does give me the fever a little bit, but if you know me, you know I'm very much a realist, so I know we have to wait until I'm finished with school. But this little guy definitely makes you itch for one. I also know that I don't have to get up with him every 3 hours while I'm trying to sleep at night too, so I'm a little biased.

I know people say when they're this little that smiling is just gas, but I still love it when he does it. Too bad the gas-smile doesn't ever go away for men.


This precious little guy makes you think about the miracle that every child is. I think about how God has known him for so long, and we're just getting a taste of what he already knows about Caiden. I know he will grow so fast and his parents will have to make so many decisions and lift up so many prayers about him. You can't help but think about all that raising a child entails. Kudos to those of you who are doing it. I'm already praying for Joey and I, that we will be able to fully trust God with our child(ren) because He will always know what's best for them and already sent His Son to die for them.

4 comments:

LB said...

oh that yawn picture is just too much. He is so cute--and so tiny!!

By the way, love the new heading!!

Amanda said...

I love the new heading too. It was so fun hanging out with yall today. I'm so glad you all came over! Taylor always loves talking to Joey. So much in common :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

Lindsey, I loved your comments about family. I really think you guys have a great attitude/heart on the children issue. Praise the Lord for similarly-minded people! Keep praying and the Lord will bless your obedience to him on this issue...

Anonymous said...

This makes me cry every time I read it- I don't know why I keep torturing myself by reading it again! Believe me, it's no picnic when he's screaming and there's nothing you can do to console him, but when he smiles at you and makes those cute little noises- it definitely makes the crying easier to forget. You know as well as I do the prayers that have already gone out for him and how they are already being answered (slowly but surely) :) I know that when the day comes, you and Joey will be wonderful parents. You'll get lots of good practice with little "Boodro" in the meantime. We should let you guys keep him one night just to get a good taste! :)