Monday, May 19, 2008

Recipes

A fellow blogger and friend, Laura Beth, had an awesome idea. She was curious about her blog readers and wanted to know who all reads her blog but doesn't always comment. Well, her idea was to ask for everyone who reads to comment with a tasty, creative recipe. So I want to do the same. If you're reading this, please leave a recipe in the comment section so I can learn about my readers. If you don't have a google ID, you can just click on Open ID and type your name there. Thanks for reading!

Here's one from me that I got from my sister-in-law...

Chocolate cobbler
1 c self-rising flour
1 1/2 Tbls. cocoa
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c milk
6 Tbls. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt the butter in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (I do it in the oven while it's preheating to 350). Mix dry ingredients, add milk and vanilla, spoon batter into melted butter.

Topping:
1 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 c boiling water

Mix sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle over batter in pan. Pour boiling water over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, yum!

3 comments:

LB said...

Just wanted to let you know that I will be posting a recipe soon. I just have to actually get organized enough to make it upstairs with recipe in hand.

Heather Taylor said...

This is a such a great idea! Here is one for you:

Cowboy Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
Salsa
1 can corn
1 can refried beans
1 can black olives
Shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)
Crushed tortilla chips

Brown ground beef, drain. Cover the meat with salsa and stir (I like to use a lot of salsa). In a casserole dish layer the meat, corn, refried beans, and olives. Cover the top with crushed tortilla chips then with the cheese. Cook on 350 about 30 minutes or until warmed through. YUM!!

LB said...

Okay, I am finally posting a recipe. Maybe 2.

Crunchy Chicken

1 c. Ritz cracker crumbs
1/3 c. shredded parmesan
1 1/2 t parsley
1 1/2 t bottled minced garlic
1 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 c melted butter
2-3 boneless chicken breasts (I use the really thin kind)
Blend 1st six ingredients
dip chicken in butter and then in crumb mixture to coat
Pour remaining butter and mixture over chicken.
Bake at 350, uncovered for 1 hour. Do not turn.

Hot chicken salad--SO GOOD!!

4 c. cooked rice
3 c. chopped cooked chicken
1 c. minced celery
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chicken broth
1 (10.5 oz) can of cream of celery
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1 (2 oz) pack of slivered almonds (mix into casserole)

preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish
In large bowl, combine rice and next 11 ingredients. Stir well.
Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish
Sprinkle evenly with cheese
Bake 30-40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

(when I cooked this, I omitted the celery and onion, and instead I used a sprinkling of garlic powder and onion salt).