Friday, April 25, 2008

The new island

So recently we figured out that my father-in-law is a pretty talented carpenter. He made us a really nice gun cabinet, complete with divided glass doors. So then Joey decided to take on the challenge of wood working and made me a really nice console table with chicken wire doors and an inset western star on the top. Well, when we bought this house we knew the kitchen desperately needed more cabinet space, so we thought a center island would be perfect, so that we wouldn't have to redesign the entire kitchen on our limited budget. Well, Joey's dad decided to take on the task of making one for us (which ended up significanly contributing to our staying on budget). So I just told him I wanted beadboard cabinets and a butcher block top. And that's exactly what he did. Check this out...




We are so grateful for this island. It's so nice, and we know he put tons of work into it, especially that top - he had to piece every little piece of cherry wood together. So thanks Wally!

4 comments:

LB said...

wow, so impressive. I love it! I am so inspired by all you home renovators!!

Amanda said...

I'm impressed as well. Love bead board. Your floors are pretty too!

Tegan said...

Hey! I've been keeping up with you through your blog. I saw the comment you left me on my blog a while back. It was good to see you at church the other day. I'm so glad I can keep up with you all through your blog...

Amanda said...

That is a great deal on a faucet!! I will definitely check that out when it is bathroom time. Thanks! Can't wait to see the kitchen completed. Waiting is the hardest part. You kinda stuck with a mess :)