Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Day of Demo

So Joey, Mike, and my dad started demo on the parts of the kitchen that we're redoing while my mom, my sister, and I went to Chatt. to do some shopping. It's probably better this way - that us girls are gone while they're doing this because when they started banging with hammers and tearing stuff apart, we're hearing "OUCH!" and "SON-OF-A!" We left Mike bleeding from his palm and just hoped that would be the worst of the injuries. Thankfully, it was, and they got all the counters ripped out and the cabinet cut out where we'll install a dishwasher, thank goodness! Who in the world lives without a dishwasher! I mean even the pots that I don't put in the dishwasher, I beg Joey to scrub! Being the sweet man he is, he does this without complaining. So here's some pics of the mess so far!



I was also very excited that my mom brought the shower curtain she got made for me for a housewarming gift. I had looked everywhere for a shower curtain for our master bath. All I wanted was a small print with orange and green. So finally I started looking for fabric, and after a long search I found the perfect fabric, small rectangles of orange and green on a gold/khaki background. So a sweet lady that makes all my mom's window treatments made this for me, and I love how it turned out. Sometimes it's a curse to know exactly what you want, but it always turns out wonderfully when you finally find it.

No comments: