Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rocky & Joey vs. Opossum, Rocky/Joey - 1, Opossum - 0

Well, tonight we were going about our normal routine, and letting Rocky out back to relieve himself before we all went to bed. Rocky walked off the deck normally to go take care of his business, and Joey turned around to talk to me. As soon as he turned back around to check on Rocky, he saw Rocky shaking the heck out of some creature. He called him, and brought him inside for me to see all the slobber and hair hanging out of his mouth. I was worried that he had gotten after one of the neighbor's cats, so I had Joey go out to see if the animal was injured. Sure enough, there's a opossum playing dead or actually dead in my parents' back yard.

So Joey decided to go see if the thing was still alive by poking it with a broom (even though the last time he did this to a hawk, he got attacked). The opossum bit at the broom, obviously it was just injured from Rocky's attack. So Joey decided to kill it himself. Mom gave him the option to shoot it with her pellet gun, but he thought it was a better idea to just give it several good whacks over the head with a board, then stuff it in a trashbag, nice. So as of now, together Joey and Rocky have diminished the opossum population by 1.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Just so you know I was crying laughing reading this post to Taylor. I could barely make it through it. I can just see Rocky and the Opossum.

Don't be afraid about paint color. It is the cheapest thing to change if you don't like it.

Also, I really like your blog layout. How did you do that? I want to change mine to something cuter but don't know how.

Scott said...

I miss Joey....please tell the hawk attack story.