Sunday, March 23, 2008

Resurrection Day

Well, happy Easter everyone! I'm confessing to everyone that I did not spend as much of the day as I should have celebrating my Savior's death and resurrection. I spend most of the afternoon, along with my husband and very helpful parents and in-laws working on wallpaper and paint in the house. So I only reflected on this blessed day this morning. As someone brought up in a Christian home, I sometimes find myself going through my routine and taking my salvation for granted. I am so grateful for Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ to give me visual images to pop up in my head and remind me of what my Lord endured. I was reading on the Turnbull's blog the other day that the word excruciating was invented just to describe the horrific pain Christ endured. And then when I think about someone going through that for me when I take them for granted and only think about them when it's convenient for me, this makes me feel so many things - rightfully guilty, blessed, amazed, and unworthy. So I've challenged myself and hopefully everyone else to think about what our Savior did for us more than when it fits in our busy schedules.

No comments: