Sunday, March 9, 2008

First Time for Everything

Well, several months ago a good friend Scott Moore asked me why I didn't blog if I bothered, I mean enjoyed, reading everyone else's. I chalked it up to not having the time to type up a summary of my life every few days. But I decided to take my own advice. As a therapist-in-training I advise people to keep a journal just to let out their thoughts as feelings as well as to be able to look back on your life and see how you've grown. I haven't kept a journal probably since middle school, so I decided that as much time as I spend on the computer, a few minutes of it could be put to my psychological health. So here goes my first blog....

Well, for those of you that don't know Joey and I are in the process of moving from Mid/South GA to near Chattanooga, TN. Joey decided to leave Tyson after 11 years and join a company that creates and maintains hatchery equipment. Tyson had become very top-heavy and begun to treat him unfairly. He is really enjoying this company so far, being appreicated for all his hard work and being under a Christian boss. The Lord definitely provided this out for us, and it has really been a blessing for me to be closer to school (there's a campus in Chatt. and I was driving almost 2 hours on the rare day without traffic to the Atlanta campus) and that we'll be so much closer to family. We also just closed on a house and will start doing some cosmetic work on it when we get possession on the 22nd. It's been a little stressful living out of suitcases in our parents' houses, but we'll survive.

We looked like the biggest rednecks moving from GA. Here's a picture to prove it.

5 comments:

LB said...

yea for starting a blog!! It is such a convenient way to keep in touch. Post pictures of the house soon, and again, I would love for you and Joey to come visit anytime.

Amanda said...

Glad to see you have a blog! I put your blog as a link on mine!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Welcome to blog world! You best get to posting...readers get ancy! Just kidding...I love Chattanooga by the way! We go up for weekend trips all the time...

Scott said...

Awesome Linds, nice name too. Joey made me speaker box back in the day with and put his own Taylor made stamp on it. Keep the posts coming.

Scott said...

I had just awakened from a nap when I wrote that comment. I apologize for the incoherentness. Just exclude the word "with" and you will get the jist.