Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

Well, my day got off to a very good start when I woke up and realized that I had made it 24 hours without throwing up. Gross, I know, but I didn't need to miss another day of classes, so I was excited about it. For some reason, it seems to me that sickness has been rampant recently. Most of my family has had some form of this bronchial flu that's going around, and then when we recover from that we all get a 24 hr. stomach virus! What in the world is going on? I take my vitamins and an extra Vitamin C tablet every day!

Anyway, the rest of my day...I also got offered an internship position at the site I wanted. It's one of my school's community counseling centers, but this one provides services for individuals who may not have insurance and can't necessarily afford traditional counseling fees. I'm very excited, mostly because my supervisor there has the same theoretical orientation that I'm leaning toward. (For those of you who have some psych. background, she's family systems/psychodynamic). Therefore, I can really learn from someone who practices the way I would like to one day.

Lastly, I had to be observed by one of my professors (actually the one who will be my supervisor) while I was counseling a fellow student today. I thought I would be so nervous and staring at the two-way mirror the whole time, but the Lord really gave me peace. Afterward, I got great feedback from the "client," the professor, and another student who was observing. This was really a gift from God - to be reassured that I'm where I'm supposed to be.

And last but defintely not least....I got to go on a date with my hubby tonight! This has been very difficult lately because Joey's work schedule has been a little weird, where he's getting home after dinner. The company he works for (Avitech) is really having to step it up a little right now because their competition has finally realized how good this company is, so they're really fighting to keep the business they're losing to Avitech. Anyway, it's been a little hectic with that, buying a house, and staying with parents, so a date as just the two of us was a very nice treat! Funny thing is, it was nothing big. We went to El Camino and walked over to Big Lots to check out outdoor furniture. We actually reminded me of my parents, wow.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So are you staying in G'ville?? Yall need to come over to Huntsville and go out to dinner with us if you are so close.
Also, do you have pictures of your house yet? I can't remember if you have actually bought it yet.

Lindsay said...

Yes ma'am, we are. I guess we should coordinate a double date b/c the guys aren't so great at that kind of thing. Yes, we did buy a house...I'll probably post here shortly about it.