Saturday, March 22, 2008

Demolition: Day 1

Well, we made our first trip to our house today to start the remodel. I began the tedious task of removing the hideous wallpaper in our master bedroom (sorry if anybody has this wallpaper in their house).




This was very difficult because the glue was really really stuck! So I was very worried about the office that has a border, the kitchen, and the guest bath that have wallpaper. Here's the pics of them in all their ugliness.





We're also changing that countertop in the bathroom, even though it's such a beautiful color. Who even makes a pink countertop?! And here's the microwave that Joey and Wally installed...



This is the before pictures of one of the guest bedrooms, notice the awful Phil Fulmer color on the walls and doors. I guess that's what we get for moving to Tennessee.




And lastly, as I mentioned...I was fearful that Joey's similarities to "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" would begin to haunt us as we started remodeling this house. And sure enough, the first day we're there, all the sudden I hear Joey screaming and water running. So I run out to the garage, and water was gushing out of the hot water heater like Old Faithful. Evidently a shelf had fallen and busted a pipe. Joey said it was not his fault because he was no where near it when it fell. But he had to run all the way out to the road to turn the water off, so this is what I snuck a picture of...



I'll post after pics when we get everything painted and the new carpet in.

No comments: