Monday, March 10, 2008

The Bun in the Oven

So, I'm so excited because I have a nephew coming next month! This will be the first baby grandchild in our family. Joey and I have a niece, Anna, from Leah's husband, Mike's, previous marriage, but we didn't get to add her to our family until she was about 5.

This new little bundle of joy's name is Caiden Brent Lucas, Brent after my brother who went to be with the Lord at 2 due to luekemia. Caiden was a stubborn little boy when my sister went to have her first 4D sonogram and would not show his face. He did, by the way, show his little boyhood very clearly though! So Leah went back for another 4D today, and we got some better pics of the cutie!



He looks just like his daddy!



and his little foot!

I thank my sister for taking the pressure off me to have a baby. My parents have wanted gradnchilden so badly! But I still find myself going through phases where I'm getting antsy to have my own. This is so different from a year ago when I couldn't think about anything besides starting my career. So I think God has definitely changed my priorities, thankfully, before I get too deep into my career. I also hope, though, that my sister hasn't had the only boy for our family! Joey and I wouldn't have a clue what to do with a little girl!

1 comment:

LB said...

Lindsey, babies are so much fun (though they do completely take over your life), I highly recommend having one:) However, I guess a nephew is a nice substitute until it is time for you to have your own.