Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Updates

I thought I'd post some pics of the most recent updates we've done to the house. And by the way, if you read the previous post, just know that we have fixed several of those things. For instance, we do not stretch a hose through our house to water the back yard.

Anyway, here was Joey's big project. He wanted to make this area by the garage a bigger parking area so that his truck and boat will fit. So he and his Dad started out by digging a huge portion of dirt (well, hard clay) out of the hill. They even had to use axes and shovels to do some of it by hand!

Then Joey brought home some railroad ties, cut them, bolted them together, and drove rebar through them and into the dirt. Add some gravel and a white pickett gate, and I'd say it looks pretty good!







My helpful and talented Dad also helped us put up a tile backsplash in our kitchen. We haven't grouted it yet, but I don't know when we'll get around to it, so I wanted to go ahead and post pictures.



4 comments:

Scott said...

That's what I miss about Joey...if there's a land structure in your way, just dig a hole in the earth to make room.

Amanda said...

Those counter tops look like milano quartz. Same counters as us!

Lindsay said...

Amanda, yeah, that's what we got! I thought y'all's was real granite or solid surface!

Brandon and Erin said...

Hey

I can't find either of yours email address and i can't get to facebook at work so here is the email i am sending to the rest of the rafting crew. My email is brandonpayne77@gmail.com

Fellow rafting cuzzes,

The cost for rafting is $35 each which will make it $70 for each family. I would appreciated the $70 as soon as possible so i can pay my credit card off before the end of the month. Ashley has reserved 8 camping slots for us (I believe Joey and Lindsay are sleeping in their own beds) so we each owe her $4 per person which makes it $8 each. I assume we will take 2 cars leaving sometime Friday evening. We have 8 people going from Gutnersville and Joey and Lindsay are meeting us there. The G'ville folks will split gas so if you are not driving don't think you are getting luch (it is only fair). Joey and Lindsay are out of the loop on splitting gas but i am sure Joey has some device developed for his truck which takes the Tennessee air and turns it into fuel. We will head back home sometime Sat afternoon after we have completed the rafting trip and pull BULL from the river. Another rafting email will follow in the coming weeks when we decide some more details.

Don't we all love MONDAYS!!