Tuesday, June 24, 2008

G'ville Weekend

We went home to G'ville this weekend, mostly to see our nephew because my family is leaving for the beach without us, so we'll miss out on baby Caiden those two weekends, sad! Anyway, we had a good time. The Longs (my old youth minister and his family, who have the twin girls who were the flower girls in my wedding) came to visit since moving to North Carolina. The kids absolutely loved Caiden! They all wanted to hold him all the time and read to him, it was precious! But also kinda funny because I'm sure their parents are about babied out after having 5 of their own!






The kids, mostly Taylor and the twins, also gave dad a massage which, of course, he absolutely loved.



And Leah and I got to practice our psychology training with the twins who have (hopefully had) a phobia of dogs. Poor Campbell would actually get physically sick just thinking about a dog. That's no way to live right?! I mean every kid is supposed to have a dog as a best friend. Anyway, we used some systematic desensitization to relax them and reward them for progessive interactions with Rocky. Leah even gave them each a reward of $5 to pet Rocky. So they did it! And Anderson, almost 5, is so funny. He said, "I'll pet the doggie for $8." Anyway, by the end of the weekend, the girls were able to be close to Rocky, pet him, and even be in the same vicinity as him without worrying about where he was.

So thanks, Greg and Lisa for letting us practice some therapy techniques on your kids! Hope it has lasting effects for you guys!

There was also a wakeboarding tournament going on on the lake. One of my best friends, Claire Jones, competed. I didn't get any good pics of her because I forgot to put my camera on action mode. I did, though, get a pretty good pic of her brother, Joe, wakeskating which is a pretty awesome feat if you ask me. It's like skateboarding on the lake without wheels. So you have no boots holding your feet to the board or anything!

Claire's dad and one of my other best friends, Rachel Kendra's, dad also competed and won 3rd and 2nd places! Pretty cool to watch. I was pretty impressed seeing as how I can't even get up on a wakeboard!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Linds,just wondering if this systematic desensitization technique has helped with your fear of police officers?

What would you do if Joey became a cop?

Anonymous said...

Scott's comment is too funny! By the way, Campbell told me on the phone yesterday that she needed me to bring Mollie over because she "needed to work on her". I'm going to take her over there today so we'll see how it goes.

Oh, and on an unrelated note- Caiden did not cry much at all last night, although I still didn't get much sleep. He went to sleep in his bed with just a little "shusshing" around 10, but woke up around 1. I comforted him in his bed for a couple of minutes (and re-wrapped him in his glo-worm blanket because Houdini managed to get his arm out, which probably woke him up) and he went back to sleep until time to eat at 2. He woke up again around 5 and wasn't really wanting to go back to sleep and I was extremely tired so I did the big no-no and put him in bed with me (Mike will be home tonight so we can hopefully break this habit soon). He slept till 630 and ate and then took a nap in his own bed with just a little rocking beforehand! Sorry for the long comment, just wanted to tell you to keep praying for us!!

Lindsay said...

Scott, I don't know if it would work to do on myself, but I'm sure it would if someone else headed it up. And I may need to one day because Brad is a police officer...I just haven't had to see him in uniform as of yet.