Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost there...

I got good news at the dr. today. I was hoping all my discomfort would mean progress from my being dilated 1 cm last week. Thankfully, I'm at a 3!!

I had to make a difficult decision, though. He offered to induce me tonight because he will be out of town this weekend (when he predicts the baby could come on his own). I had said from the beginning that I would not have an induction for convinience, only if the baby were in duress. It was so tempting, though, to know that I could be over this discomfort sooner (and that my doctor would for sure be the one to deliver him).

Finally, after discussing it with Joey and a few other family members/friends I decided I shouldn't let my discomfort and desire for control/convinience outweigh what I think is best - the natural process.

So that's where we are! Just uncomfortably waiting to go into active labor!

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Good luck! I was at a 3 when I had my epidural-hopefully that means that labor won't last too long! :) Get ready for the most amazing day of your life!

Amanda said...

Well I'm going to pray he comes before the weekend! But even if Dr. C doesn't deliver, everything will be fine! Can't wait to see what happens.