Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fishing and Memories



Joey decided to take the family out on the boat to test it out for the first time this summer. So we all piled into the little fishing boat - me, Joey, Rocky, and Ty. We took a little ride on the river into downtown Chattanooga and then stopped to eat a dinner we packed and let Joey do some fishing. Rocky, of course, loves riding, but Ty on the other hand didn't like the wind that was almost blowing him over while we were riding. So he mostly hid under Joey's feet until we stopped. Then he got very brave. He started walking all around the boat, on the edges and everything. Well, wouldn't you know, he fell in. Went straight under and thankfully bobbed back up and started swimming back to the boat where I was screaming at him. Not nice of him to give his mom an almost heart attack.




Ty pouting because he was wet.



As for the memories, I couldn't help but think about the times our family friend Steve Muller would take me fishing. Steve was a dear friend from Creek Path, especially to my dad. He passed away this past weekend. It's another difficult loss for me, but some of you may like to hear a sweet story about he and Sam. Sam and Steve used to play this tag game if they saw each other out somewhere. They would sneak up on the other, tag him, and tell him he was "it," and the game would start over the next time they saw each other. Well, Sam had gotten Steve last before he passed away, so Steve's family says that he got to tag Sam back and that they are probably playing the game as we speak. It's such a sweet image of how I remember both of them - so playful and full of life. I pray the Lord continues to bless me with these memories with these special people. I have been having a hard time because I've been wanting to remember all the times I shared with each of them, but these memories aren't coming so easily to me. So thank you Lord for each of these men and for the fishing memory you helped me to recall.

No comments: