Friday, May 20, 2011

5 years!



Sometimes I really can't believe it's been 5 years! I mean partially, it feels like it's gone by so fast, but on the other hand, it feels like we've known each other forever (I guess because we were friends for 2 years and dated for 4 before getting married)! I truly feel blessed when I think about what an "easy" marriage we've had especially in comparison to others'. I mean of course we've had our ups and downs, but for the most part I feel like it just keeps getting better! It really is a blessing to have a husband that challenges me to be more Christ-like through his patience, determination, and generosity. It has also been such a blessing this year to get a preview of the kind of father he will be to John Marshall. Since having Casey here, Joey has matured in a way I could have never imagined - he's so confident as a "father" and yet still humble enough to seek and listen to my input as well. It's been really neat to open up a new aspect of our relationship where we really team up and seek God's wisdom together about our family.

I so look forward to growing old together and see how God will continue to bless our family! I love you, babe, and feel so blessed to be your wife!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this pic of y'all! Congrats on 5 years! We will celebrate our 7 yr. anniversary on Sunday. What a blessing to have such Godly men.