Friday, April 24, 2009

Ty "swimming"

First of all, I want to say what a blessing it has been to be able to see Rocky's response to (even just one day after) his first chemo treatment. All the "knee" and "hip" problems we thought he was having were evidently because he had a mass pressing on his spinal cord. The funny thing is that this is how cats usually present with lymphoma, not dogs (and if you know Rocky, you know that his biggest enemy is the cat). So anyway, after the treatment, he went from basically crippled, falling down easily, tripping on his feet, and having difficulty getting up, to this...

We're so enjoying every minute of time with him that he is feeling so well.

While we were letting Rocky run around at the lake, we knew he'd want to swim, so we thought it would be a good time to let Tyson swim too. We had NO idea that this is what that would like....



Guess he needs some lessons because that was embarrassing.

3 comments:

Heather Taylor said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so funny! I am at work right now and I can't see the video but the picture is hilarious! I laughed so hard! I am so glad Rocky is feeling better, and yes very ironic that the cat is his worst enemy but the cancer is affecting him like one. He looks like he is feeling very good!

Leah said...

I know I shouldn't laugh at the poor pup, but that is HILARIOUS!!!

Heather Taylor said...

Ok, so I finally got to watch the video and I think that is about the funniest thing I have ever seen! Bless his heart! He will learn!