Saturday, September 20, 2008

Camping Weather

Fall is here!! We are absolutely loving this cool weather! I have never really been a big camper, and the only reason I can figure is because my family wasn't big camping folks. I'm a big outdoor/nature person, so it seems that I would really enjoy it. Well, since we have this great state forest and wildlife management area, Joey thought it would be a good idea to check out their camping areas. We're pretty excited about this because we've never been camping as a couple! I mean we went to the mountains for our honeymoon and stayed in a cabin, but not in-a-tent camping. Ty and Rocky got to go along to ride around and check out the campsites.




Maybe the dogs should get to go camping too. Anybody have any experiences taking their dogs camping?

Well, on the way out of the state forest and back home, Joey had just gotten out of his mouth, "I wish I'd see the park ranger so that we could find a map of this place," when the park ranger turns on his lights and pulls us over. He said we were out there too late - the park closes to thru traffic at sunset. He asked if we had firearms in the truck and wanted to look in the back. Joey got out because he told him we have two dogs in the back that he would need to get out and hold on to. Well, as soon as Joey opened the door and the park ranger was face to face with Rocky, he decided he didn't need to check out the back of the truck anymore!

No comments: