Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Love the Details

I'm a pretty organized person when it comes to projects, meaning I like to have them completed in a certain amount of time. Joey, on the other hand, has A.D.D. so the challenging things are most important to him, and the details, not so much. (Let me say this though, by no means am I bashing Joey. He does a ton around here, and without him most of these projects wouldn't have the challenging parts completed at all). So I asked him very desperately if we could finish some of the projects that have needed final details for a while, and being the wonderful husband he is, he got it done!

The first on the list was the kitchen cabinets. If you remember, this is what it looked like when we moved in...

Then we got the top panel off the cabinets and painted...

Now we finally have the crown moulding on the top of the cabinets...



And Joey's shop (aka Man-shed) finally got painted thanks to the help of my brother-in-law who was repaying Joey for his help on Caiden and Anna's playground. This has actually been done for a while, but I'm just now getting a picture of it.
Before...

and after....


And the back porch got stained, railings repainted, and lattice put around the bottom.
Before...

and after...



Yay for details!

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Looks so good! I know y'all are proud!!!

Leah Gunter Lucas said...

Looks great!

Heather Taylor said...

Your cabinets look so good!!