Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NO MORE SCHOOL!!!

So I finally finished my academic career last Thursday! Everyone says, "what about your Ph.D?" and I say, "Nope." You know, I feel like I've been in school forever and will still have hoops to jump through just to counsel people, so why continue just to have some more letters behind my name to do the exact same thing? Joey and I would like to start a family some time in our lives! I'm still finishing up my internship hours, but I will basically just be continuing seeing those clients and others when I start my NEW JOB! That's right...the Lord really provided with this job. I had been looking and looking trying to find a place where I could jump through all the hoops necessary to get licensed in both TN and AL. I will be working with another Christian couple, one of which is an alum from my school. I'll get to see my clients that I've been seeing in Chattanooga a couple of days a week and then also get to use their office here in Whitwell a couple of days a week too. Thank you Lord for reaffirming my calling by providing this job for me!

On another note...
Rocky had another treatment yesterday. His white counts were up to be able to do the vincristine which is an IV treatment (he was only able to do l asparaginase injections which are not as strong). If his counts continue to climb, next time he'll be able to do the doxorubicin which has been shown in lots of research to knock out lymphoma. It's crazy because these are all the same chemos they use in humans but without the side effects in dogs. He's feeling great and continuing to run around and play with his brother. So I went to pick him up yesterday, and poor guy - they had to shave both front legs because they couldn't get one of his veins to take.



He wasn't too pleased about having two shaved legs or about the vet's color choice for his gauze.

1 comment:

Leah said...

nor was his Daddy, I'm sure...