Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Movin' on Up

Well, it's official...I'm now have my M.A.M.F.T. - Master's of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (not exactly though because I have to finish my intern hours) But I at least got to walk in graduation and feel like I'm finished! The ceremony was wonderful. Before it though, we spent time as a class with the faculty sharing our testimonies about our journey through this program and how much God has blessed us. I truly could have never imagined a program that equips you clinically, scientifically, and technically for counseling but also focuses on growing you spiritually so that you can live out the "transcendent life" with your clients. The speaker at graduation spoke on the transcendent life and how it is the power to heal. They also prayed over us like a commissioning service as we go out and "minister to the Kingdom." Again, I say I would have never imagined that a graduation service could be so meaningful.

As far as moving up in the world, I mentioned in the previous post that I have a job lined up. Well, since it's actually official that I will start with them as soon as possible (maybe even get to finish my intern hours with them), I can tell you that the name of place is New Discoveries Counseling Center and I will soon be pictured on their website!! It truly has been a blessing and such a learning experience to walk with these clients through their pain and healing that I am so excited that I get to continue on with them and others in a private practice. Why do we ever doubt that God will provide us with a better plan than we can ever imagine?

On another positive note, Rocky had his 5th chemo treatment and has been able to start moving up to the stronger, more effective drugs as his white counts have continued to rise. He is now on the Vincristine with the L asparaginase and should be able to start the best one, the Doxorubicin, maybe next week. The vet said she considers him in full remission because he no longer has the spinal symptoms or the enlarged lymphnodes!! He is still feeling so amazing. We feel so blessed every day to have him just that one day longer. We took him and Ty up to ride in the Wildlife Management Area this weekend where they got to bark at two turkies and a rabbit. So he's enjoying every minute of life. We'll continue to keep you updated.

2 comments:

Scott said...

That's awesome, congratulations Linds.

Tell Joey that I'm looking forward to driving up there in a couple weeks so he can take the Altimater apart.

LB said...

congratulations, Lindsay!!