Tuesday, July 20, 2010

30?!!

I cannot believe my man is 30! He's been 30 for about a week now, but we just had a surprise get-together for him on Saturday. If Joey's 30, that means I've known him for over 10 years! That seems so crazy to me! I could have never imagined 10 years ago, at age 15 or 16, that I would be married to the guy I was crushing on! I'm so grateful that when I finally got "old enough" for him to date me that he did!

We've never done huge things for each other's birthdays before, but I thought 30 was a pretty big milestone, so I figured I'd put something together. He was absolutely surpised. He had no idea that when he came back from shopping at Mike's Merchandise (and visiting with Bro. Bill Millican and looking at his guns) in Guntersville that so many of his family and friends would be there waiting to celebrate with him.



Even the Humphrey family (Tanner and Taylor pictured here), friends of ours from when we lived in GA, came over 4 hours for this!

And the very talented Alison Humphrey made this awesome cake for Joey. If you've been around Joey lately, you know how obsessed he is about McCulloch chainsaws. He will do his best to sell you one that he's fixed up! She even made parts of it off with a screwdriver and screws lying there.


We had some of his favorite foods...


Hot wings and sliders.

He got some pretty good gifts too...


To help with his OCD shower routine.

and Mountain Dew chapstick since he's having to cut back on the caffeine.

His big surprise, though, was the pressure washer he'd been lusting after...


Caiden enjoying some cake...


Happy birthday to my wonderful hubby! I love you! (Even though you're the only one that doesn't read this).

No comments: